CMBL have four main groups of customers:
- Fishing boats – CMBL are constantly carrying out work on the local Eyemouth fleet and boats from all over England, Scotland and Ireland.
- R.N.L.I. – CMBL carry out refits, PRISM’s and emergent work on behalf of the R.N.L.I
- New Builds – CMBL have built 30 vessels each of which is listed in the PDF below.
- Private customers – We also do a wide range of work for private customers. For example, on private yachts, fishing boat conversions from commercial to private use, the construction of the Lindisfarne boat sheds out of old wooden boat hulls and even work on private properties
CMBL have a well experienced and skilled workforce. Many of the employees have worked for CMBL since the company was created. We aim to maintain the various skills and trades of the boat building and repair industry by creating apprenticeships whenever possible and encouraging the young apprentices through their training.
The skills and trades we have are as follows:
- Plumbers - hydraulics, repairs and installations.
- Engineers - re-engining, repairs, maintenance and new installations.
- Carpenters - repairs and fit out of interiors and all external areas and hulls
- Painters - preparation, spraying and painting
- Welders - repair and new build of vessels
- Labourers - carry out all slipping and general work on boats and the yard
- Storeman - we have a storeman to manage all stores and ordering
- Apprenticeships - we have
3 apprenticeships running
Click here to view a list
of all our New Builds